During Garland J. Millet’s presidency of Oakwood College, 1954-1963, several buildings were constructed including Peterson Hall, the Ashby Auditorium, and the original market/bakery facility. The annual Faculty Colloquium was introduced, along with the student Honors Convocation and the Three-Way Scholarship Plan. Under his leadership, accreditation as a senior college was granted by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Additionally, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., visited the campus and addressed the community in 1962. The Millet Activity Center is named in his honor. For J. Paul Monk, Oakwood College became a proving ground for his leadership abilities. He was blessed with a vivid style of expository preaching, and the gift of presenting colorful stories and powerful lessons. His engaging presentations were always bolstered with scriptural support and scholarly research. Monk’s 30-year career in the ministry involved him in a variety of responsibilities from pastor to church administrator, to editor of Message Magazine. After graduating from Oakwood in 1985, Eric Moore, attended the University of Georgia School of Medicine. He had a practice for a number of years serving many of the low income citizens in the region. Later he became the medical director for Hospice of the Comforter for a number of years. Moore is now back in private practice. Dr. Moore is a faithful member of the Greater Orlando Chapter of the Oakwood University Alumni Association and continues to serves the area with distinction. James L. Moran was the first black president of Oakwood Junior College from 1932 to 1945. He was most widely known as “Professor Moran” because of his contributions to elementary, secondary and college education. With his first registration approaching in the fall of 1932 and classrooms in disrepair, Moran donned his overalls, improvised a scaffold, scraped, patched, and led students and staff in the painting and renovation of facilities. During his administration, the first baccalaureate degree was awarded. He also helped establish Pine Forge Institute, and served as principal of Northeastern Academy. George Washington Carver invited Calvin E. Moseley, Jr., to Bible classes at Tuskegee. From these Moseley converted to Christianity and became known as the “father of preachers.” He first came to Oakwood in the 1920s to teach in the religion department, and also conducted the “Alabama Singers” male chorus. Moseley served as the first black pastor of the Oakwood College Church, before becoming a General Conference field secretary in 1951, until he retired in 1971. Following his retirement, Moseley taught part-time until 1980. The Moseley Complex, which houses the School of Religion, is named in his honor. After attending Hunter College in New York, John Nixon, Sr., transferred to Oakwood and graduated in 1976 with a bachelor’s degree in theology. He has pastored churches in the Northeastern, Southern California, South Central and Georgia Cumberland Conferences. Several of these pastorates have been on a collegiate campus (including Oakwood), where Nixon has lectured on Biblical preaching and homiletics. Nixon currently serves as the Secretary of the South Central Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. Since 1986, David Person has been working as a broadcaster, journalist, documentary director, and media consultant. His work has been featured on NPR, Tom Joyner’s BlackAmericaWeb website and public radio stations across the nation. Currently, David writes columns for USA TODAY, the Ministry Matters website, and writes news features for Message Magazine. As the owner of DavidPersonMedia, LLC, he provides media consulting services to various organizations and individuals across the nation. George Edward Peters was a pioneering Black Seventh-day Adventist administrator, educator, writer, and editor. He attended Oakwood College and began his church ministry in Alabama in 1908. Peters courageously fought for racial equality within the church, the expansion of educational opportunities for Black Americans, and the right of Black Adventists to have their own conferences. He assisted in naming the Allegheny Conference, was co-founder of Riverside Hospital, and was the first editor of the North American Informant, between 1946 and 1954. The Peters Fine Arts building is named in his honor. Frank L. Peterson, President of Oakwood College, 1945-1954, was the first “man of color” to graduate from Pacific Union College in 1916. He served for nine years as a faculty member at Oakwood, and as a member of the Board of Trustees and the Secretary for the North American Negro Department at the General Conference. During his presidency of Oakwood, he promoted the largest grouping of industrial training programs that included the broom factory and dairy. Peterson Hall, which was initially a men’s residence hall, was named in his honor. Janna Peterson-Waddell attended Oakwood between 2005 and 2010, and created a non profit, 57 North Hampton, to teach children confidence to combat bullying. She also started an event that received national recognition for inspiring individuals to love themselves, called the Love Hunt. Wintley Augustus Phipps is a spirit-filled preacher, world-renowned vocal artist, and the founder of U.S. Dream Academy, Inc. This non-profit organization is dedicated to empowering and mentoring at risk children of incarcerated parents. Phipps has been the featured speaker and performer at many notable occasions worldwide. He has recorded a number of original, inspirational compositions. Phipps was the first recipient of an honorary doctorate from Oakwood University. During Addison V. Pinkney’s presidency of Oakwood College, 1963 to 1966, the institution became a member of the United Negro College Fund. Also under his leadership, G.E. Peters Hall (Fine Arts building) and Bessie Carter Hall (women’s dormitory) were constructed.